FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- I would love to take my students on a trip, but I am not sure what our plans for the year will be. Can I apply now and fill in the details later?
- I have applied for a trip later in the school year. When will I hear from Daytrippers?
- Is there a way for me to confirm the status of my application?
- I made a mistake on my application and I need to make a change. Who can I contact about this?
- How will I know if my application has been approved?
- My trip has been approved. Why can’t I receive the money upfront?
- My trip request was approved, but I would like to use the money for something else. Can I simply apply the funding to another trip and submit my receipts for that trip instead?
- I have an invoice for my trip. Will this be sufficient for me to receive a reimbursement?
- Can I mail in my receipts once my trip has taken place?
- I have some detailed questions and would like to speak to someone. Is there a phone number for me to contact someone at Daytrippers?
I would love to take my students on a trip, but I am not sure what our plans for the year will be. Can I apply now and fill in the details later?
Unfortunately, in order to ensure we can fund as many students as possible, and to ensure approved trips meet the Trip Selection Criteria outlined on our Applications Page, we require details of your trip in order to approve. Once you have determined the nature and location of your trip, please complete an application in our Application System. We will be happy to review your request.
I have applied for a trip later in the school year. When will I hear from Daytrippers?
We will try to review all trip requests as soon as we can; however, we commit to reviewing all trips by the appropriate Approval Deadline.
Is there a way for me to confirm the status of my application?
Absolutely! You can confirm the status of your application by logging into your account in our online Application System.
I made a mistake on my application and I need to make a change. Who can I contact about this?
With our new application system, you can now log into your account and amend your application.
How will I know if my application has been approved?
An automated email will be sent to the email used in the application confirming the approval or rejection of the application. Please check your spam or junk mailboxes as the email may end up there.
My trip has been approved. Why can’t I receive the money upfront?
As a result of CRA regulations, we provide a reimbursement for trips already completed and paid for. While we will adhere to the Payments Mailed deadlines outlined on our Application Timelines Page, we will work as quickly as possible to process your reimbursement.
My trip request was approved, but I would like to use the money for something else. Can I simply apply the funding to another trip and submit my receipts for that trip instead?
As we review all trip requests against our Trip Selection Criteria outlined on our Teacher Application Page, funding for one trip cannot be applied to another trip. If you would like to submit another application, and omit your first request, please log into your account and make the appropriate changes in our Application System.
I have an invoice for my trip. Will this be sufficient for me to receive a reimbursement?
Unfortunately, Daytrippers cannot accept invoices in order to process a reimbursement. We require proof of payment, including receipts, or invoices marked “PAID” by the organization. EXCEPTION: We will process invoices for school busses used for transportation purposes, where these busses are paid up front on the master school account. Please ensure your account number is noted on the Invoice in order to receive reimbursement.
Can I mail in my receipts once my trip has taken place?
Daytrippers is a virtual, volunteer-based organization. And as such, we do not have a formal office, and cannot accept hard copies of receipts. Please scan all receipts for your trip and send them to us at [email protected]
I have some detailed questions and would like to speak to someone. Is there a phone number for me to contact someone at Daytrippers?
Daytrippers is a volunteer-led organization. Unfortunately, all committee members are employed during business hours, and are unable to accept phone calls. Please contact a member of our Trips Committee at [email protected], and one of our team members will respond to your within 7 business days.
Why was my application denied?
We are unable to approve the trip as described, as it does not align to all 6 of our core criteria for approvals.
- Applications must be for a public Canadian school and classes must be grades K-8. Daytrippers does not fund high school, overnight trips, or private school trips.
- All trip reimbursement requests, including in-class, virtual, or off-site experiences, must be expressed in Canadian currency. Should your trip supplier charge in a foreign currency, please ensure that all receipts/invoices include the Canadian dollar equivalent paid.
- Schools must clearly demonstrate the need for financial assistance.
- Trip requests must align with ministry curriculum. When unclear, a member of our team may seek clarification from you.
- The amount requested must not exceed $25/child to a maximum of $1500 CAD per application.
- Daytrippers reserves the right to adjudicate all applications at its sole discretion, notwithstanding the above criteria.
How do I upload my Receipt?
Please upload your receipts directly to your application on our Daytrippers Application Portal here: Log In | Daytrippers Application Portal. For future reference, sometimes if teachers hit “Edit Application” before checking lower, which means they’ve re-set their application status to “Submitted”. This automatically disables their ability to upload receipts.
How do i change the dates on an approved trip?
We are flexible about dates, provided the material conditions of the trip are the same (e.g., approx. amounts, number of students, destination, etc.). If any of the material conditions change, you can amend your application directly on the Application Portal so that we can re-evaluate.
If your question has not been answered here, or your would like to share feedback, please contact us at [email protected], noting the following:
- The name of your school
- The details of your trip; and
- The date of your application (if applicable)
We will respond to your inquiry within 7 business days.
Please note that the only email address that is monitored is [email protected]
Please do not send any questions, receipts, or other information to any other Daytrippers email addresses – as they are not monitored.