Daytrippers Children’s Charity is excited to continue supporting the many teachers and students across Canada who have an identified need for funding. For those who have been part of the Daytrippers Community, welcome back! For those who are new to Daytrippers, welcome!
Our Trips Selection Criteria for the 2021-2022 school year has been updated to cater to our new reality, and support a learning environment for the kids:
- Applications must be for a Canadian school, and classes must be grades K-8. Daytrippers does not fund high school trips.
- All trip reimbursement requests, including in-class, virtual, or off-site experiences, must be expressed in Canadian currency. Should your trip supplier charge in a foreign currency, please ensure that all receipts/ invoices include the Canadian dollar equivalent paid.
- Schools must clearly demonstrate need for financial assistance.
- Trip requests must align with ministry curriculum. When unclear, a member of our team may seek clarification from you.
- Amount requested must not exceed $25/child to a maximum of $1500 CAD per application.
- Daytrippers reserves the right to adjudicate all applications at its sole discretion, notwithstanding the above criteria.
As a reminder, Daytrippers is unable to issue reimbursements to personal accounts - all reimbursements will be issued to the School. In the event that an Teacher / Applicant pays for a trip with their personal accounts or credit cards, it is the School's responsibility to reimburse the Teacher / Applicant prior to or upon receiving reimbursement from Daytrippers.
Please find details below on the four distinct sessions during which teachers can apply for trips. The dates outlined below are reflective of the 2021-2022 school year. If you are aware of your trip dates early in the year, or require approvals earlier than the submission dates below, please submit your application early in the year, and we will do our best to review your request as soon as possible.
|Application Deadline||Approval Deadline||Receipt Submission Deadline*||Payments Mailed|
|If you apply for your trip by this date…||Complete applications meeting criteria will be approved or declined by…||Your receipts / proof of payment along with trip details must be received, by email, by these dates…||Your receipts must be received, by email, by these dates…|
|Session 1||October 31, 2021||November 6, 2021||November 15, 2021||December 7, 2021|
|Session 2||December 31, 2021||January 6, 2022||January 15, 2022||February 7, 2022|
|Session 3||February 28, 2022||March 6, 2022||March 15, 2022||April 7, 2022|
|Session 4||April 30, 2022||May 6, 2022||May 15, 2022||June 7, 2022|
|Session 5||June 8, 2022||June 15, 2022||June 19, 2022**||June 30, 2022|
* Receipts received after the end of the deadline will be processed on the next applicable session date.
** Receipts received after June 19, 2022 will be processed at the beginning of the following school year in order to ensure schools receive their cheques directly.
Before submitting an application, please review our Frequently Asked Questions. This will ensure your application is reviewed as quickly as possible!
Once you have reviewed the dates and FAQs, please submit your request to Daytrippers! We will review your application per our stated timelines.
Still Have Questions?
We're happy to help if you have additional questions or need assistance regarding your application.