An update on COVID-19:
We are monitoring recent initiatives to limit the spread of COVID-19, including school and exhibit closures across the country. Our volunteers are still actively managing our trips application process, reviewing receipts and preparing payments for trips that have already taken place. Please note that:
- We will fund all approved trips that we receive receipts for
- To avoid lost cheques during school closures, we will hold mailing cheques until schools re-open
- If your school is able to receive the cheque, despite closure, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are assuming trips planned for March-April will be cancelled given social distancing guidelines and exhibit closures If you have any questions or concerns regarding your application, please reach out to us at email@example.com
Daytrippers Children’s Charity is excited to continue supporting the many teachers and students across Canada who have an identified need for funding. For those who have been part of the Daytrippers Community, welcome back! For those who are new to Daytrippers, welcome!
Our Trips Selection Criteria for the 2019-2020 school year remain unchanged:
- Applications must be for a Canadian school, and classes must be grades K-8. Daytrippers does not fund high school trips.
- Trip destinations must be in Canada.
- Schools must clearly demonstrate need for financial assistance.
- Trip requests must align with ministry curriculum. When unclear, a member of our team may seek clarification from you.
- Amount requested must not exceed $20/child.
- Trips must be day trips; Daytrippers does not fund overnight trips.
Please find details below on the four distinct sessions during which teachers can apply for trips. The dates outlined below are reflective of the 2018-2019 school year. If you are aware of your trip dates early in the year, or require approvals earlier than the submission dates below, please submit your application early in the year, and we will do our best to review your request as soon as possible.
|Application Deadline||Approval Deadline||Receipt Submission Deadline*||Payments Mailed|
|If you apply for your trip by this date …||Complete applications meeting criteria will be approved or declined by…||Your receipts / proof of payment along with trip details must be received, by email, by these dates…||Your receipts must be received, by email, by these dates…|
|Session 1||October 31, 2019||November 6, 2019||November 15, 2019||November 29, 2019|
|Session 2||December 31, 2019||January 6, 2020||January 15, 2020||January 31, 2020|
|Session 3||February 29, 2020||March 6, 2020||March 15, 2020||March 3, 2020|
|Session 4||April 30, 2020||May 6, 2020||May 15, 2020||May 31, 2020|
|Session 5||June 8, 2020||June 15, 2020||June 19, 2020**||June 29, 2020|
* Receipts received after the end of the deadline will be processed on the next applicable session date.
** Receipts received after June 19, 2020 will be processed at the beginning of the following school year in order to ensure schools receive their cheques directly.
Before submitting an application, please review our Frequently Asked Questions. This will ensure your application is reviewed as quickly as possible!
Once you have reviewed the dates and FAQs, please submit your request to Daytrippers! We will review your application per our stated timelines.
Still Have Questions?
We're happy to help if you have additional questions or need assistance regarding your application.