Applications for the 2018-2019 school year are now open!
Daytrippers Children’s Charity is excited to continue supporting the many teachers and students across Canada who have an identified need for funding. For those who have been part of the Daytrippers Community, welcome back! For those who are new to Daytrippers, welcome!
Our Trips Selection Criteria for the 2018-2019 school year remains unchanged:
- Applications must be for a Canadian school, and classes must be grades K-8. Daytrippers does not fund high school trips.
- Trip destinations must be in Canada.
- Schools must clearly demonstrate need for financial assistance.
- Trip requests must align with ministry curriculum. When unclear, a member of our team may seek clarification from you.
- Amount requested must not exceed $20/child.
- Trips must be day trips; Daytrippers does not fund overnight trips.
Please find details below on the four distinct sessions during which teachers can apply for trips. The dates outlined below are reflective of the 2018-2019 school year. If you are aware of your trip dates early in the year, or require approvals earlier than the submission dates below, please submit your application early in the year, and we will do our best to review your request as soon as possible.
|Application Deadline||Approval Deadline||Trip Date||Receipt Submission Deadline*||Payments Mailed|
|If you apply for your trip by this date …||Daytrippers will advise whether your application has been approved or declined by this date.||If your school trip occurs during these dates …||Your receipts must be received, by email, by these dates…||And payments will be mailed by this date.|
|Session 1||October 31, 2018||November 6, 2018||September 1 - December 31||December 31, 2018||January 31, 2019|
|Session 2||February 15, 2019||March 6, 2019||January 1 - February 28||March 30, 2019||April 30, 2019|
|Session 3||April 15, 2019||May 6, 2019||March 1 - April 30||May 15, 2019||June 15, 2019|
|Session 4||June 1, 2019||June 6, 2019||May 1 - June 30||June 30, 2019**||August 1, 2019|
* Receipts received after the end of the deadline will be processed on the next applicable session date.
** Receipts received after June 30, 2019 will be processed at the beginning of the following school year in order to ensure schools receive their cheques directly.
Before submitting an application, please review our Frequently Asked Questions. This will ensure your application is reviewed as quickly as possible!
Once you have reviewed the dates and FAQs, please submit your request to Daytrippers! We will review your application per our stated timelines.
Still Have Questions?
We're happy to help if you have additional questions or need assistance regarding your application.